The 2019 Annual Campaign
Dear Friends and Neighbors,
2019 was an especially challenging year in our community as we collectively weathered two natural disasters, the Russian River Flood in February and the Kincade Fire in October. These extreme weather events were particularly devastating for our most vulnerable patients who continue to cope with serious obstacles and hardships as they recover. Once again, the healthcare teams at West County Health Centers provided life-giving support and healthcare services that extend above and beyond the treatment of illness to address the individual physical and psycho-social needs of thousands of people in our community, including patients like Wowa Luna.
“I am listened to always. My health practitioners are the greatest. My needs are taken seriously. I am grateful also for the women’s writing group. Attending has helped me with depression. “– Wowa Luna, Russian River Health Center and Forestville Wellness Center Patient
We are extremely fortunate to have a dedicated team of healthcare providers, support staff and volunteers who, with your support, have expanded services for youth, pregnant women, seniors, people living with HIV and people who are unhoused. This work will continue into the New Year as our team also eagerly anticipates the start of construction of the new Russian River Health and Wellness Center in Spring 2020.
“Working at WCHC allows me to work with gifted, compassionate co-workers in offering excellent clinical care to all members of our diverse community.” -DeEtte DeVille, M.D. Medical Director RRHC
As this year ends, I want to thank you sincerely for your interest and generous support for our mission to provide healthcare for all. I hope that we can count on you once again to help us safeguard access to comprehensive, quality, accessible medical, dental, and behavioral health services for over 12,000 patients in the communities of western Sonoma County. Your contribution may be designated to the Capital Campaign for the Russian River Health and Wellness Center or for support of programs that serve some of our most vulnerable neighbors including seniors, working families, children, and people living with limited financial resources.
We are grateful for donations of any amount. Please send your tax-deductible gift in the enclosed envelope or donate online at www.wchealth.org.
Warmest wishes for a healthy, prosperous and peaceful New Year!!
Chief Executive Officer
The Annual Campaign
Every year West County Health Centers launches an annual fundraising campaign to help provide medical, dental, and mental health care for our uninsured patients. Our Annual campaign allows us to continue serving thousands of low-income and uninsured community members. In support of West County Health Centers, all of our Board of Directors and 84% of our staff have given gifts to the Annual Campaign.
Our Annual Campaign begins with a “Family Campaign” that includes our Board of Directors and our Staff, with a goal of 100% participation. Our next phase is the “Neighbors in Health Campaign ” where major donors of gifts over $5,000 are sought and given special recognition for their support. This phase also includes challenge gifts from major donors with the expectation of matching gifts from other donors. The final phase of our Annual Campaign is the “Network of Health” where we reach out to a broad range of people, including patients, who may be able to make smaller gifts.
All gifts matter and we greatly appreciate any contribution that will help us provide a medical home and empower patients and staff to build healthy lives and communities.
Gifts to West County Health Centers’s Annual Campaign will:
- Subsidize the cost of uncompensated services such as lab fees
- Increase access to health care and decrease health disparities among specific targeted populations including Latinos, seniors and HIV positive individuals.
- Assure equal access to quality health services
- Promote healthy lifestyles through targeted outreach and prevention focused activities for adolescents and other at-risk populations
- Strengthen and expand existing dental, counseling and primary medical care services
- Expand and improve disease management programs in priority clinical areas including diabetes, HIV, chronic pain, peri-natal services, cardiovascular disease, asthma, hepatitis C and substance abuse
- Improve use of information technology to support clinical quality improvements
What impact can your gift have?
- $500 will provide medication, supplies and health education for a diabetic patient for one year.
- $750 will provide 10 sessions of counseling or therapy for a depressed teenager.
- $1,000 will provide pre-natal care and vitamins for an expectant mother.
- $1,500 will provide 10 mental health crisis interventions that could prevent a psychiatric hospitalization or self-destructive behavior.
- $2,500 will provide dental screenings, x-rays and cleanings for 25 uninsured children.
- $5,000 will provide monthly support groups for patients with Hepatitis C for one year.
- $10,000 will provide 125 visits for homebound seniors.
- $25,000 will provide outreach and medical services to care for the homeless for ten hours a week for one year.