Monkeypox Information – Lazy Bear Week
Lazy Bear Health Resources
Goal for vaccination clinics is to reduce risk of transmission of the Monkeypox virus during the Lazy Bear week among participants and the host community.
- WHEN: West County Health Centers will be holding two Monkey Pox vaccine clinics on Monday, August 1st and Friday, August 5th
- LOCATION: 16387 1st Street, Guerneville CA 95446
- TIME: 5:30-7:30pm
- ELIGIBILITY: Due to a very limited supply of 500 vaccines available from the California Department of Public Health for this event, the following criteria must be met to receive a vaccine:
- Registered for Lazy Bear Week – OR –
- Current resident or works in the lower Russian River Area – OR –
- Active patient at West County Health Centers
- REGISTRATION: No appointment required. Please bring reasonable documentation of eligibility.
The Lazy Bear coordinators will have free COVID rapid tests on hand. If you are experiencing any symptoms – fever, cough, shortness of breath, fatigue, or sore throat – Please ask a volunteer for a test as soon as possible!
There are no reports of outbreaks of meningitis amongst the LGBT communities in California, but here is a resource that explains a little about the disease: Click HERE