West County Health Centers (WCHC) is proud to offer a community vaccination solution for residents who live, work, or whose primary care medical home is in western Sonoma County. In partnership with the Sonoma County Department of Health Services, Sonoma County Office of Education, 5th District Supervisor Lynda Hopkins, and other community leaders, West County Health Centers is committed to an equitable distribution of no cost COVID-19 vaccines to our rural communities, including our most vulnerable and marginalized populations.
For the immediate future, vaccination appointments will only be made through direct outreach from West County Health Center staff, primary care medical offices in the west Sonoma County, and partner organizations employing essential workers in the eligibility tiers listed below.
Update 2/25/21: Based on vaccination allocations from the state, there is sufficient vaccines to cover 2nd vaccine doses only for the week of March 1st -March 6th. We will therefore not open new vaccine appointments for the week of March 1st-6th. We anticipate an increase in vaccination distribution as we move towards an anticipated contract with Blue Shield as California’s ‘Third Party Administrator’ of COVID vaccines starting March 7th and we are optimistic that new vaccine appointments will begin the week of March 8th.
West County Community Vaccination Clinic:
The West County Community Vaccination Clinic is available for:
- Persons who live or work in west Sonoma county*
- Patients of West County Health Centers
- Patients of a medical provider who works in west Sonoma County
* West County Zip Codes: 95412 Annapolis, 94922 Bodega, 94923 Bodega Bay, 95419 Camp Meeker, 95421 Cazadero, 94929 Dillon Beach, 95430 Duncans Mills, 95436 Forestville, 95444 Graton, 95446 Guerneville, 95450 Jenner, 95462 Monte Rio, 95465 Occidental, 95471 Rio Nido, 95497 Sea Ranch, 95472 Sebastopol (Freestone), 95480 Stewarts Point, 94972 Valley Ford, 95486 Villa Grande
Vaccination sites will be held at:
- Guerneville Elementary School: 14630 Armstrong Woods Road, Guerneville 95446
- Analy High School: 6950 Analy Ave, Sebastopol 95472 (Main Gym on Sunset Avenue, street parking available on Sunset Ave/Taft St.)
Eligibility: The following persons are eligible for vaccination based on the Sonoma County Health Department Criteria:
- Phase 1a: All healthcare personnel. This also includes home health care, in home supportive services, community health workers and promotoras, complementary and alternative providers, massage therapists, veterinarian, pharmacy, laboratory staff.
- Persons aged 65 and older
- Food and Agriculture Essential Workers:
- Individuals performing agriculture, farm and field work, collecting and processing agriculture products including dairy, egg, poultry, and meat production.
- Individuals involved in the production of food or beverages, including wineries and distilleries.
- Grocery store workers
- Restaurant workers
- Education Essential Workers
- Childcare Essential Workers
For information on the tiers, please visit: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/vaccine-information/phase-1-details/
We are committed to partner with our community to vaccinate as many people as possible, as soon as possible, and ask for your support and patience as we move through the tiers.
- Our goal is to offer as many vaccinations as we can, depending on available supply. Timing of sites and how many appointments are available for each day will depend on the weekly vaccine distribution from the County.
- We will know how many vaccines are available to us mid-week and will make decisions on how many appointments will be available for the following week at that time.
Vaccine Clinic Accommodations:
- All of the sites are accessible for individuals with physical disabilities.
- All sites have staff who are bilingual and bicultural in Spanish.
Cost of the vaccination:
- There is no cost to receive a vaccine at one of our community vaccination sites.
COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments:
PLEASE NOTE: For the immediate future, vaccination appointments will be made through direct outreach from West County Health Center staff, primary care medical offices in the west Sonoma County, and partner organizations employing essential workers in the eligibility tiers listed above. We will reassess this method as we get more information about the California Department of Health Services transition to Blue Shield as the administrator of vaccine distribution starting March 7th and as we get more information about the direct shipments from the Federal Government to Community Health Centers in the near future.
COVID-19 Vaccine Frequently Asked Questions:
Please see our COVID-19 Vaccine FAQ for common questions about the vaccine and vaccine safety.
West County Health Centers is currently looking for volunteers to assist at our vaccination clinics for the roles below:
Medical: licensed medical professionals to screen and monitor patients, and manage immediate adverse reactions.
Administrative (Bilingual Only): to help with check in, traffic control and other duties as needed.
West County Health Centers provides training and oversight of vaccine operations. We have a special need to have Spanish speaking volunteers at all clinics in both administrative or medical roles. If you would like to volunteer, click the link below to sign up and a staff member will contact you.
If you would like to volunteer at our Vaccination Clinic sites, please CLICK HERE to sign up.
NOTE: We have currently paused our recruitment of other administrative positions.
Please also see our COVID-19 Resources page for more information and available resources for West County Health Centers Patients.
West County Health Centers is thankful to be part of your community and are here to help during this time.
UPDATED 2/17/21 5 pm