COVID-19 Financial Assistance
The situation and efforts to contain and mitigate the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected many people in our area, including patients, families, and local businesses. As a part of our West County Health Centers family, we would like you to know that we are available to support the health of you and your family. Please see the following information and available resources:
Financial Assistance Available!
There are a variety of programs available to expand access to comprehensive health insurance, pay back rent, and reduce the cost of internet access.
The American Rescue plan has expanded Covered California benefits. Thousands of Californians are eligible for lower premiums on their health insurance. If you currently have a Bronze plan through Covered California, you may be eligible for enhanced Silver Plan Benefits at a lower cost. Silver Plan benefits feature cost-sharing reductions, lower fees, and fewer out of pocket expenses. Call our Access Coordinators at 707-823-3204 to see if you qualify to change your plan. Covered CA keeps the open enrollment period open through the end of the year.
The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) helps eligible households that have been financially impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic by providing assistance with paying rent and utilities. More people are now eligible for assistance! You can apply for ERAP even if you have moved, if you borrowed money to stay current on rent, if your landlord had refused to apply, or if you received assistance in the past.
- Any member of the community can request assistance regardless of their immigration status
- Funds can be used to pay rent as well as past-due utility bills and home service bills
Visit https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/finance-housing/housing-and-renter-support/ for more information.
Or, call West County Community Services
For English: (707) 837-3037
For Spanish: (707) 869-3613
Discounted Internet Access:
The Emergency Broadband Benefit Program helps households connect to the internet during the pandemic. Qualifying households can receive
- Up to a $50/month discount on your broadband service and associated equipment rentals
- A one-time discount of up to $100 for a laptop, tablet, or desktop computer (with a co-payment of more than $10 but less than $50)
Visit: https://www.fcc.gov/broadbandbenefit for more information.
Emergency Financial Assistance:
Certain qualifying households that have been impacted by a COVID-19 diagnosis may be eligible for emergency financial assistance.
Call or email the CURA Project for more information and to determine if you are eligible.
West County Health Centers is working closely with local, state and federally agencies during this coronavirus pandemic.
Please refer to the links below for further information:
- SoCo Emergency: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- For information using a mobile phone: Dial: 2-1-1 or Text: 211211 Message: Covid follow directions and you will get information sent to your mobile phone.
- Housing and Rental Support During COVID-19
- Tenants Rights and Resources
- Emergency Broadband Benefit Program
- Expanded Benefits under Covered California
- Relief Funds For Undocumented Workers in California
- COVID-19 Anxiety Advice
- COVID-19 For People Living with HIV
- Sonoma County Warm Line (707) 565-2652
We have staff who are specialized in community resources including access to insurance, food aid, and other community resources.
We have access to legal services through a partnership with the California Rural Legal Assistance.
We are thankful to be part of your community and are here to help during this time.
UPDATED 7/23/21 4:50pm