The emerging situation and efforts to contain and mitigate the spread of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) has affected many people in our area, including patients, families, and local businesses. As a part of our West County Health Centers family, we would like you to know that we are available to support the health of you and your family. Please see the following information and available resources:
HOURS AND SERVICES:
Our health centers are offering care by phone and by video and in-person on a limited basis by appointment only. NOTE: We will not be able to do any walk-in visits or address questions in person at this time. Please select the tabs above for information about our services, locations and hours or call 707-824-3391 to set up an appointment.
If you have a cough, shortness of breath or fever or have had contact with someone with COVID-19, please call before coming to an appointment so that our staff can determine the safest way for you to be seen, and also protect our staff and patients.
We have staff with specialized training in emotional support, therapy and managing trauma. Please reach out if you are interested in these services. Also see link below for anxiety management tips and resources.
Our Wellness Center in Sebastopol is conducting phone and video visits for many of our wellness services. A selection of group medical visits are being conducted virtually through online software to allow patients to participate remotely. For more information, please contact the Wellness Center by phone at 887-0290. As part of a collective effort to curb the spread of the COVID-19 virus and limit the exposure to our most vulnerable community members the Wellness Center has postponed most in-person office visits until further notice.
The main West County Health Centers phone line (707-824-3391) is available during regular business hours for patients with questions regarding prescriptions, labs and appointments.
- For a life threatening issue please call 911 or head to the nearest emergency room.
- For a mental health emergency: 707-576-8181
- Our on-call physicians are available after hours for urgent medical issues. Simply call the number of your health center after hours to have our on-call physician paged. Please limit after hours calls to urgent medical concerns that cannot wait until your home clinic is open.
- If you have questions about Coronavirus, please look over the materials linked below. If you have further questions specific to your health, or think you have been exposed, please call your home clinic during office hours to determine if you need medical attention.
If you take any prescription medications, please make sure that you have enough of your prescription at home to last a few weeks. If you need a refill, please call your pharmacy or home clinic to request a refill prescription. There are pharmacies in the area that will mail some prescriptions to you, and you can request a change to those pharmacies at your appointment or when you call for a refill.
Some medications will require a visit before they are refilled. We are working on video visit availability for some patients, to reduce any contact with sick patients.
Getting tested is an essential part of tracking this illness. If you are a patient of WCHC and have any symptoms of COVID-19 or known exposure to COVID-19, please call us for an appointment to discuss testing.
If you are simply curious, but do not have any symptoms or known contact with someone with COVID-19 illness, then please visit OptumServe at https://lhi.care/covidtesting, or call 1 (888) 634-1123 for an appointment.
West County Health Centers is working closely with local, state and federally agencies during this coronavirus pandemic.
Please refer to the links below for further information:
- SoCo Emergency: https://socoemergency.org/emergency/novel-coronavirus/
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC): https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html
- For information using a mobile phone: Dial: 2-1-1 or Text: 211211 Message: Covid follow directions and you will get information sent to your mobile phone.
- FAQ’s for patients and parents concerned about school closures
- COVID-19 Anxiety Advice
- COVID-19 For People Living with HIV
- Covered California Extends Special Enrollment Deadline to July 31st to give consumers more time to sign up for healthcare coverage during COVID-19 Pandemic
- Relief Funds For Undocumented Workers in California (Legal Aid at Work).4.8.20
- How to Quarantine and Self-Isolate
- Patient Quarantine Letter – COVID-19
We have staff who are specialized in community resources including access to insurance, food aid, and other community resources.
We have access to legal services through a partnership with the California Rural Legal Assistance.
We are thankful to be part of your community and are here to help during this time.
UPDATED 6/30/20 1:35pm