The 2018 Annual Campaign
As West County Health Centers looks forward to a new year of opportunities for providing access to high quality medical, dental, and behavioral health care in our communities, we are full of gratitude for the relationships with our patients that inspire us each day. Over the past year, healthcare teams at West County Health Centers have provided life-changing support to thousands of people in our community, including patients like Mike and Twila Chase.
“WCHC is a gift. We had never experienced anything like the compassionate care we receive at WCHC. When our primary care doctor walked into the exam room and said the word “cancer” she cried and we cried. Showing such emotion and caring is rare in the medical world. Everyone there is thoughtful, non-judgmental and never too busy to help. They really care.”
— Mike & Twila Chase, patients of Dr. Rain Moore, Occidental Area Health Center
Mike — “I’ve learned from serving on the Patient Family Council that WCHC has a view of west county that is global in scope - from fixing Twila’s broken arm to the big vision of health care and what it could be. They are changing older model of crisis based care. WCHC pays attention to your future, not just your current situation. They want to keep us in good health.”
Twila—“The amazing emotional support from your mental health team changed my life.”
For more than 40 years, West County Health Centers has addressed the healthcare needs of the most vulnerable people living in rural, western Sonoma County. We are proud to have the privilege of serving over 15,000 patients including seniors, children, working families, teens, unhoused people, and others living in poverty.
“Great Mission, devotion to the community, commitment to the underserved, great colleagues!”
—Robin Lowitz, M.D., Forestville Wellness Center
Today, West County Health Centers asks you to join the majority of WCHC staff and 100% of our Board of Directors who have already invested in our annual campaign to provide compassionate, high quality care to those in need. Can we count on you to help us continue our work to provide life changing care to our patients?
We are grateful for donations of any amount. Please send your tax-deductible gift in the enclosed envelope or donate online at www.wchealth.org.
Warmest wishes for a healthy, prosperous and peaceful New Year!
Chief Executive Director
The Annual Campaign
Every year West County Health Centers launches an annual fundraising campaign to help provide medical, dental, and mental health care for our uninsured patients. Our Annual campaign allows us to continue serving thousands of low-income and uninsured community members. In support of West County Health Centers, all of our Board of Directors and 84% of our staff have given gifts to the Annual Campaign.
Our Annual Campaign begins with a "Family Campaign" that includes our Board of Directors and our Staff, with a goal of 100% participation. Our next phase is the "Neighbors in Health Campaign " where major donors of gifts over $5,000 are sought and given special recognition for their support. This phase also includes challenge gifts from major donors with the expectation of matching gifts from other donors. The final phase of our Annual Campaign is the "Network of Health" where we reach out to a broad range of people, including patients, who may be able to make smaller gifts.
All gifts matter and we greatly appreciate any contribution that will help us provide a medical home and empower patients and staff to build healthy lives and communities.
Gifts to West County Health Centers’s Annual Campaign will:
- Subsidize the cost of uncompensated services such as lab fees
- Increase access to health care and decrease health disparities among specific targeted populations including Latinos, seniors and HIV positive individuals.
- Assure equal access to quality health services
- Promote healthy lifestyles through targeted outreach and prevention focused activities for adolescents and other at-risk populations
- Strengthen and expand existing dental, counseling and primary medical care services
- Expand and improve disease management programs in priority clinical areas including diabetes, HIV, chronic pain, peri-natal services, cardiovascular disease, asthma, hepatitis C and substance abuse
- Improve use of information technology to support clinical quality improvements
What impact can your gift have?
- $500 will provide medication, supplies and health education for a diabetic patient for one year.
- $750 will provide 10 sessions of counseling or therapy for a depressed teenager.
- $1,000 will provide pre-natal care and vitamins for an expectant mother.
- $1,500 will provide 10 mental health crisis interventions that could prevent a psychiatric hospitalization or self-destructive behavior.
- $2,500 will provide dental screenings, x-rays and cleanings for 25 uninsured children.
- $5,000 will provide monthly support groups for patients with Hepatitis C for one year.
- $10,000 will provide 125 visits for homebound seniors.
- $25,000 will provide outreach and medical services to care for the homeless for ten hours a week for one year.